Green and black tea are produced from the leaves of the same tea bush – Camellia sinensis. But the taste is different and many people consider them to be completely different species. Benefits of green and black tea are undeniable, and its properties are studied and described in details. It is included in Top 10 most useful products in the world.
All Benefits of Tea
No matter what is your favorite type of this healthy drink, benefits of green and black tea are numerous. And benefits of green and black tea, well-known nowadays, are as follows:
- Cancer prevention. Tea contains polyphenols that have powerful antioxidant activity, which can prevent the formation of free radicals. Therefore, it has been suggested that benefits of green and black tea can reduce the risk of developing cancer. This theory has been tested in a series of studies on people with positive results.
- Help to lose weight. Many people drink tea to reduce their appetite. Weight loss occurs due to the acceleration of metabolism in the body. Other beneficial property of green tea is its excellent diuretic effect. The effects of drinking black tea are the same as with green tea, because both drinks can reduce appetite.
- Antibacterial effect. Perks of green tea and black tea give an antibacterial effect and can neutralize the causative agents of many infections. It is well-known fact that a compress infused with tea leaves can relieve symptoms of conjunctivitis. Strong tea also helps to stop diarrhea.
- Immune system and mind booster. Fresh tea leaves contain several times more vitamin C than citrus fruits. After processing, some of the nutrients are lost, but still their amount helps to fight various ailments. So, vitamin C increases the body’s resistance to diseases and thiamine affects the general tone. Tea contains bioflavonoids, which are involved in protecting cells from the action of free radicals, and also slow down the aging process.
- Improve the appearance of your skin. Strong black tea is useful not only in the form of a drink. Strong tea leaves can be used as a tonic for facial skin care. The benefits of black tea are also known for hair.
- Caffeine content. A cup of tea contains a maximum of 85 mg of caffeine, while the daily maximum is 1 g / day. Tea in the daily diet reduces the risk of hypertension by 60% and heart attack by 40%. Is green or black tea better from this point of view? There is no clear answer, because both species are almost equal.
Which is Healthier, Black or Green Tea?
The main benefits of tea are in polyphenols, that have antioxidant and antibacterial properties. The antioxidants in green tea have the same potential as in black. Polyphenolic compounds are equal in activity in both teas. And this is perhaps the most important fact for those who just start to add tea into their diet. Therefore, both black and green tea are equally beneficial, and it’s just a question of taste.
As you can see, both black and green tea have a huge number of positive properties. Therefore, it is impossible to answer unequivocally the question of which is more useful. So, choosing between black and green tea, be guided by your taste and look at all benefits of green tea and black tea. The main thing to remember is that the benefits of drinking both black and green tea will be visible only if you drink fresh high-quality tea.