In this article you will find the answer to the question of whether it is possible to lose weight by eating bowls. The article will tell you about the most popular types of bowls, its advantages and disadvantages.
Bowl is a healthy food that is very popular in the world. What types of bowls exist and what is included in them? Is it good to eat bowl for weight loss?
Types of Bowls
Is it good to eat bowls? Definitely yes. Bowl is healthy food that makes it possible to be not only healthy but also slim. Here are 4 of the most popular types of bowls.
- Buddha Bowls
- Acai Bowls
- Poké Bowls
- Smoothie Bowls
One of the very simple cooking preparations is Buddha Bowl. According to legend, Buddha always took food from a small bowl after meditation. Food in a bowl he was served by passers-by. And since only the poor usually shared food in a bowl. Most often turned out to be very simple products: rice, beans and curry. It was the basis of the diet. The Buddha bowl can include cereals, fried, baked or fresh vegetables, legumes, sauce, herbs, seeds or nuts. Initially, it was only a vegetarian dish, but today you can add lean meat, fish and seafood there.
What is acai Bowl? It got its name in honor of the Brazilian berry, a popular superfood that has many useful properties. It is also very tasty and was liked by many supporters of a healthy lifestyle.
What is an acai bowl made out of? It is consist of oatmeal, berries, fruits and seeds. Acai berries contain substances that actively inhibit the aging process of the body. In order to prepare an acai bowl, you first need to take a puree of acai berries, add juice, milk or water, fruits, berries, honey, nuts. Then mix it in a blender, garnish with chopped fruits, granola, seeds.
Poke Bowl is a Hawaiian dish. The translation of the name of the most famous dish literally sounds like “cut into cubes”. Traditional poke is more like a raw fish salad. All ingredients are usually diced. Hawaiian cuisine has been very influenced by Asian culture, so now the main ingredient in poke is rice. Additional components such as tuna marinated in soy sauce with onions, sesame, wasabi, hot pepper and nuts usually added
What is a smoothie bowl? It is very similar to acai bowl, with one difference that for a smoothie it is not necessary to take mashed acai berries as a basis. For cooking, you can take any fruit, berries, herbs, nuts, seeds. Mix them in a blender until smooth and decorate as you like. Smoothie bowls are the healthy eating that energizes you all day.
Positive and negative aspects of eating bowls
This diet, like any other, has its pros and cons. A balanced bowl is more likely to benefit than harm. If you add the right ingredients during cooking, you can get the healthy bowl that will be good for your health.
Positive arguments for eating bowls:
- First of all, bowl is good for health. They can strengthen the immune system, improve the functioning of the body, tone up. Eating these dishes, you can get the necessary vitamins in the winter due to the large number of vegetables and fruits in the composition.
- Eating on a bowl system, it is difficult to overeat and gain weight.
- Bowls are easy and quick to prepare. You need a minimum of ingredients and kitchen appliances.
- Ready bowl you can take with you wherever you go. Especially smoothies and acai bowls. You can pour these types with you in a non-spillable cup and drink anywhere.
Negative arguments for eating bowls:
- Eating smoothie bowls, you can always feel hungry, because they give a weak satiation.
- Smoothies and acai bowls bought in a cafe or shop may have excess sugar.
- It’s difficult to find some good ingredients to make some bowls, which is why they can be tasteless.
- Poke bowl can be very high in calories if you don’t calculate the portion size of rice and cook the rest of the ingredients incorrectly.
Bowls can really help in losing weight. They are prepared from various ingredients that have undoubted benefits. But as with any other diet, you need to approach the food system of the bowls wisely and carefully.